As a domestic energy assessor, you will determine the energy efficiency of residential buildings.
A domestic energy assessor’s job entails the following responsibilities:
• Go Construct is an industry-led initiative supported by the CITB levy.
• Careers in Home Construction What are the best jobs for me? Assessor of Domestic Energy
Working in the homes of clients, inspecting properties and analysing any existing heating and hot water systems
• Counting the number and size of rooms, floors, corridors, windows, doors, and fireplaces in a house.
• Creating energy efficiency ratings and Energy Performance Certificates with computer software (EPC)
• Sharing efficiency ratings and explaining your findings to property owners
• Advising landlords and property owners on energy efficiency improvements
As you gain experience, your salary as a domestic energy assessor will rise.
Domestic energy assessors who have recently completed their training can expect to earn around £18,000.